Thursday, May 24, 2018

Midweek Wednesday in month of May 2018


Teacher Catherine told us she will be leaving the music school by the end of June, giving us one month's notice (in case we want to discontinue with the school). However, she encourages us to stay on (first). Because firstly, the new music school that she's setting up is located rather far from our place, secondly, she will be very busy attending to her new school. I am very glad she is pursuing her dream, she has told me that it is her dream to run her own music school. I am just sad that we will miss her and for us having a good teacher. We were just gaining momentum and doing well for our exams although we're just at grade 2 but we were just gaining momentum in improving, finally improving after some four years! 

I told Kiki it will be the 'last' exam she's having with Teacher Catherine, so she has to do her very best in honour of her teacher. *Sob!

I did wonder if we should stop the Trinity College syllabus and do the ABRSM instead, now that her teacher will be gone. But on second thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I want to be loyal to the supporting environment we've had so far, so I suppose we will wait for the school to assign us another teacher then. We'll see how it goes from here. I'm just a bit sad because I thought she could see us through our grades but I guess I have to see myself through my own life, there's no outsourcing to that. 

Almost like a tradition, we headed to Lady M after the exams.



 I will never run out of clothes at affordable prices now that I've gone thrifty.
Will you wear hand-me-downs?

 We visited my Uncle Meng at the hospital.
Fortunately, he has bought Insurance 3 years ago, that covered his medical bills exceeding half a million dollars. While we were at the hospital, my Aunts were there, my Mom was there, my 2 cousins were there. They were all surprised to see Kiki and myself because we didn't announce that we were visiting. We just took the chance to pop by (although I was literally very tired, I think I have a bone spur at the ball of my big toe, or it could be a bunion, I don't know but it is sharp and painful).

This morning, the sun was on fire and I took it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment