Thursday, May 31, 2018

Fuzzy Warmth

Of late, there have been more Fuzzy, Warm and Loving moments between the kids and myself. 
We do get these moments previously, just that explosive, angry episodes had acted up more often previously too. We were running on tensed mode for years, it is refreshing to have now let it all go. 

Good thing, in the last two months, there has been a noticeable improvement in my temperament and to my surprise, the kids' temperaments in the last two weeks were that of harmony. 

It made me wonder if entirely, we had all been adversely affected by the overburdened life of having to care for the well-being of three invalids. Now that Granny and Charmaine are in the hospital, it is a relief not just for us but for Granny and Charmaine as well. They get visitors from their religious faith (volunteers), they get nurses who know what they're getting in to (diaper changing, bathing and all). They get meals that are calculated and planned. They have an environment that they prefer. (no screaming episodes from Charmaine now). 

As much as I lament that this change should have come earlier, I almost could hug the peaceful and harmonious life that we have now, the appreciation is so darn dense, it is almost tangible. 

Of course we still have to deal with the pressure of Students' Life and Working Mom's Life but that is normal for a typical local family living in Singapore. Except that our family is on a single-income. 

So anyway, last night, the kids made "Presents" for me. Their presents are darn creative, I'd tell you. 
They hid a present inside the "present box" made of Lego. Colin's present for me comes with a Bow ribbon. How cute is that?  

We kissed and hugged away while my Mom sat on the sofa observing us silently. 

My mom's staying over for a couple of days since my helper is on home vacay. 


Bow Ribbon Gift Box

Inside the Gift Box is.... Hammey! (They know I like this toy hamster)
Oh, my poor Hammey! Tight fitted. 


 Kiki's Gift Box is more Festive and contains a Corgi with an ice cream popsical and a bone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment