Friday, January 2, 2015

Overheard

Colin was scooting around our small hall in his toddler truck when Kiki asked for her turn on the truck because sometimes she feels nostalgic with old toys.

Kiki: Colin, can I play with it now?

Colin: No, it's my one.
(mine! I have to keep reminding him the word is "mine")

Kiki: No.... before you played with this, this truck was mine. It is still mine but I let you play.

Colin: No, this truck is for Baby, you are not a Baby.
(waa...... can counter the sister now!)

Kiki: No,  I am still a Baby, you hear mommy call(s) me Baby?

lol.... 

*******


Kiki has cough after all the festive snacks and I think the ultimate one was the 7-UP float the school gave -_-"  ... it is very tiring for me because it has been 3 weeks and I will have to get up and give her warm water in the middle of the night. I was getting impatient when I learned that the school bus auntie had been giving them sweets regardless festive or not.

I said:  Can you just keep the sweets until you stop coughing. Keep it in the fridge or something.

Kiki: No, I have no pockets.

Me: Then don't eat it, just say 'No' to the auntie! Just say "No" or No, thanks" or "No, thank you."

Kiki:  ... (Mulling over her "opportunity cost", not answering me)

Me: Is it that hard to say 'No'?  Just tell her you are having a cough and cannot take sweets. You don't see me eating sweets all day do you!?

Kiki: I don't see you at work so I don't know if you eat sweets at work.....

-_-'

1 comment: