Monday, January 5, 2015

Last Friday Night

Ai yo..... 忍耐. Must Tahan and not use this cute li'l number until CNY. 
It's so green and so 'me'.   =)

Met up with J last Friday, we have not caught up the past two years since she is now stationed in Jakarta. 

She does in-house training for a group of management trainees (19 of them), she says besides putting them through their somewhat in-house University programme that lasts for two years, she's like a Mother Hen to the flock of young adults. Her typical day would be going into the office from morning till evening, planning the training programmes with her boss, and conducting trainings. I asked if she could teach me public speaking. Ai yo, why would I even bother to ask, I am too chicken to even give a presentation. Just asking her for fun lah since it is her cup of tea. Although J is a year my junior, she always chides me for various menial stuff; like being spendthrift, eating sinful junk food, not using sunscreen, etc. We've known each other since she was in Secondary 1, so that's like 27 years ago.  Unlike me, J 'scrapes the bottom of the pot', uses her clothing for two decades, and saves every penny she earns and invests in property. She says if I had been thrifty, I would have been as rich as her or at least have a Rolex to show it off. So she made me promise to put some money aside starting this month, and by October the two of us will go shopping for a Rolex watch each. I was like...... hum...., she was like-- you are 40. no, 41. No, no, 42 and you still don't own a Rolex? I was like... hum, is that a crime? LOL. She was like- Haiya! Tell you also no use, trust me lah we go and buy together har! Can bargain. I was like.... hum... (Actually, I have no desire ley. If you ask me, I think I will be exuberant if Kiki passes grade 8 violin or piano or similar achievements. I don't think a watch in any value would give me a fraction of that kind of exuberance because my brain is not wired to monetary value. Furthermore, that watch brand is not a real luxury brand; it's audience is mass. Anyway, the next minute, we went into Rabeanco and I was like all Ga-ga over that cute little green purse. What can you put in there! J chided. But I didn't care. Come on, this is darn cute o.k.a.y.! The next minute, J saw a clutch bag and it was her turn to go Ga-ga. Ha ha. So the two of us ended up with an item each and before we left each other, again she made me promise that I would keep to our little project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment