Thursday, January 15, 2015

Library Books

 I try to engage Colin in reading, so I borrowed two books in Construction theme and my plan worked =)
He was attentive and engaging although he was keener to turn the pages instead of listening to my reading.


But I know that Colin's mind was processing the story although he hasn't learned the context.

For instance, he asked me abruptly-- "What is Rainy Day?" when I was reading one of the pages (paragraph below). -- "Exacting work earns extra pay. Save it for a rainy day."
I explained - Rainy day means a period of time when something unexpected crops up and you may need extra money to use, so when you have the chance to work extra and save extra, you gotta save the money for rainy day.

Colin: "But the money will get wet on a rainy day!" 

=) Indeed.


 A "Baby-ish" book.

 
These are for early readers, suitable for Kiki to read on her own.
I explained to Kiki that this "Max" is not "Max and Ruby, that Max" (Cartoon).
She says - "I know, 同音字不同" (She learned this useful phrase from her Chinese teacher, so every time something sounds the same but has a different meaning, she will say it's 同音字不同)
I explained that in this case, it is  同音字也同 but 不同Characters. I think that's a muddled explanation....So I explained that there are many people with the same names. Same sounding, same spelling, same name but different persons.

The library created lot's of space at the Junior's corner.
Nice of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment