Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stand By Me

 I have no idea why Doreamon ditched its Chinese name "小叮噹" as we know it. 
I read that it was never its official name but a name given by a Hong Kong Magazine's chief editor in 1973 when the comic was first introduced there. However, in 1997, they gave it a new name "多啦A夢" to resemble its Japanese name "Doraemon".

I didn't know that the movie - Stand by me, is in Japanese. Kiki doesn't understand the show much but I've enjoyed the movie quite very much. Although I remember having only a few copies of Doraemon's comic books when I was young, I think I've memorized every story, every strip and every gadget and its usefulness.
In a way, I can fully comprehend all the time travellings and all the crossing of paths of the various Selves. The older 大雄, the future大雄 and the various decedents of 大雄 etc. It was also nice to have a recap of the friends' adventures- the minimizing tunnel transforming them ant-size, the underground ant-nest rooms, the cloud freezing spray and invisibility cloak etc. Anyway, this latest movie is nothing like its usual storyline about him being bullied or being careless or having an adventure. I wasn't expecting that the movie is actually quite emo. No spoilers here, so just go watch it if you have enjoyed its comics or cartoon episodes; you might enjoy the movie too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment