Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Aeon Neon 2014

It was after that night that I realised I had not taken a single Selfie.
No pictures of me at all. Not even with any of my colleagues =(
I must have been engrossed with running around. Which means I am really not self-absorbed.

It was a messy night, many things did not go according to plan but well, most guests stayed on till late and some even loitered around when the lights came on. If that was our KPI, then I guess we've achieved the objective in having the guests stay on although the feedback was that many found the games / programme too draggy.

Anyway, I reached Gardens by the Bay slightly after 8 am. The staff let us access one of the flower domes since the workers were watering the plants and the dome is not opened till 9am.
I prefer the Cloud Forest to this flower dome. 




Behind the scenes
 Reflections from light bulbs above



The jars of light-sticks act as table centre-piece. 
This was improvised because at the 11th hour, we realised that the hotel caterer couldn't come up with something suitable with our theme. 

 Testing various colours & switch board. (Finally discovered that the lighting could be controlled via an iPad)




Guests holding area, drinks, cocktails, wines & Canapé are being served. 

Testing out lighting for stage


This drink is supposed to glow in the dark. I guess the room didn't have neon lights and it didn't really glow.
Anyway, it was quite potent, given grapes concentrate in a concoction of gin & vodka.
Downed two glasses before I go and receive my guests.


Automated Photo Booths (Tron designs template)

Me and HY was supposed to release the models one by one onto the stage, to deliver the lucky draw numbers. But the emcee changed the flow and called all forty of them out all at once! Chaos. We were stunned and for the longest time, time stood still as HY & I kept staring at each other from the opposite ends, gesturing "Yes! Yes release! No! No! where is CEO?!!?" Finally we thought what the heck! Send lah send lah all aboard! FAINT! Is that emcee drunk!!!

Anyway, all the men are always awed by the grand entrance of the girls. Always... -_-"






 My other task was to get the Country Managers together to carry their flags for the staff performance segment. Have you ever tried getting 11 men to do something meagre together?  They will just fool around and behave like 9-year-olds!



 My boss.

That's all for the night.
I was so wide awake, engine over-run till.... Monday?
I didn't feel tired until days later......





No comments:

Post a Comment