Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Songs

While waiting for the bus..... 

Kiki: Mama, can you guess which are my top three favourite Christmas songs? I'll give you five guesses. (She held up her hands, right hand showing three fingers, left hand showing five fingers)

Me thinking to myself-- Haha, five guesses ar? I'm sure I can guess them in three guesses.
Me: Em...... Frosty the Snowman. 

Kiki: Yes...... that's one..... (showing me two fingers for two remaining songs)

Me: Santa Clause is coming to town. 

Kiki: No...

Me: No? You better watch out, you better not cry... that song you know?

Kiki: No, that is not my favourite. (showing me four fingers for four remaining guesses)

Me: We wish you a Merry Christmas?

Kiki: No. (three fingers standing)

Me: Joy to the World.

Kiki: No. (two fingers remained)

Me: You said you like Joy to the World! (beginning to feel competitive with two more chances left)

Kiki: I like that song but it's not my favourite. 

Me: Jingle Bells.

Kiki: No. 

Me: What other songs are there! (me loosing her challenge!)
Deck the halls?  This' the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la? 
Oh I know I know, how 'bout Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer?

Kiki: No. You've guessed five (times). It is-- Silent Night and Twelve Days of Christmas; you know? On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me... 

Me: ....... A partridge in a pear tree...









No comments:

Post a Comment