Friday, December 12, 2014

She Raps!

Click for Jingle clip

 Finally we've got the batteries for the under-utilised Casio keyboard that Willy gave us some five years ago. Yes, five years ago (when we first moved in here). Actually, I just wanted to see what she would be playing for the concert this Sunday. Her piano teacher said that she wasn't able to persuade Kiki to do other pieces since she thought that Kiki is capable of playing a slightly more complex piece. She said that that little girl insisted she wants to play Jingle Bells. Still, I wonder why she's only playing a short verse but well, never mind (because we don't practise at home, so I better don't expect too much). This piano teacher has given up asking us to practise at home after I've explained that we have no spare time, so we are at a do-it-for-fun stage if that's what you call it.

Kiki explored all sorts of buttons on that keyboard, it was like discovering a new toy and she was all so excited. She discovered a tempo beat and breaks into a rap. Self-composing all the "Eh har" and "Oh yay". I couldn't help laughing but when she got to the part "I love you, really love you, I want to kiss you, even though you scold me.."    I had to protest!-- "I didn't scold you!" I said. "Yes you did" she said. "You scolded me whenever we practise violin and I cried, remember?".  Me- "That is not scolding, that is loving" (trying hard to wriggle out). Kiki- "No, you scolded me. Every time."   Me- "But that is because I was angry and it lasted only 5 minutes, after that I will forget about it." Kiki- "You shouted, so you scolded me."
Okay. I scolded her. I will try to manage my state but I think scolding is inevitable lah.


Click to watch Kiki do a Rap

Practising -- Happy Farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment