Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Re-working Minuet # 3

We were watching a video on youtube when Kiki discovered she wasn't matching the teacher's bowing on one section of the song. Initially, I was impatient and reprimanded her for 'forgetting', but she insisted that the teacher was bowing on the A string which is different from what she had learned which is on the E string.

Goodness gracious me. I had marked out some notes wrongly and she had learned the wrong thing the past two weeks. Arggh. How could it sound right when it was an obvious error, I wonder. Luckily she didn't play it in class last Saturday. If not I think I would have been snookered by myself. What happened was that I figured the tune on the violin by trial and error. When I hear the 'right' sound, I jot down the fingering and whichever string I was on. So sometimes it is painstaking and when I am tired, I don't double-check.....

Anyway, we re-worked on it, good thing she adapted, so we'll just have to practise some more lor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment