Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Parents' Day 2014


Youtube video on - Open/Shut, Big/Small.
Youtube video on- Please/No thank you. Please, no thank you, please please please please, no thank you! LOL.


This year, I've decided to take a day off so that I can get to school in time for their performances instead of having to rush and risk having them feeling disappointed that I didn't get to see them sing. My annual leave from the office is limited, given that I every other Saturday, I apply for half a day off to carve a five-day work week for myself. Literally.(52 weeks in a year, alternate working Saturdays = 26, 0.5 day = 13 days of annual leave needed) Anyway, I am so glad we were there. KiCo's Principal recapped about keeping hair short, (like tomboy short), because she says that it is time consuming to have to help the girls tidy their hair after nap time. Time is precious, they would need to organise tea break and proceed with learning curriculum rather than spending 20 minutes tying up the hair of girls after girls..... whatever.  

The year-end event is always no-frills, which I appreciate.
No buying/renting of costumes, no going to very cold auditoriums, no buying of event CDs to collect dust. 
 

 The K1s joined the K2s in reciting a.... what you call that? A lengthy story done in a recital manner. Story Recitation. Was it last year or two years back, they did Pipe Piper. This year, the kids told us a story about China and her wall, a rather lengthy recital. Then the K1s sang & danced a Chinese song, followed by "Happy" (Pharrell Williams).



We went to the church because Lancelot was waiting there.
Also, it is good to give them the exposure, after all, the Papa is Catholic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment