Monday, November 17, 2014

Chinese Reading


That 黑猫在哪里book was considered an easy one, but we had two stars on it because there was a lapse of five weeks between the time we last read the book and the time of reading in class. Reading review in school, takes place every Tuesday. Week one, Kiki had tummy upset and missed school, week two the teacher was on MC, week three Kiki went dentist and missed school, week four they went to the Library, week five they had performance rehearsals. Hence by the time she had the review in class, she had forgotten what we've practised. Anyway, we only get the book from Weds/Thurs to Sunday and we do not pore over the books.

I asked her: "What happened?! How come only two stars?"
She mulled over my question and said: "Because I had "bangzhu" lor."
Me: What 绑着?!!? (Why would her teacher tie her up?)
Kiki: Bangzhu! I had Bangzhu! "Help!" She helped me with the book, so I have only two stars!

She meant 帮助! (assistance)




No comments:

Post a Comment