Monday, May 5, 2014

May Day

 Last Thursday was Labour Day Holiday. Although unplanned, we Pak-tored the entire day, like we're dating. Lol.

In the morning, the kids didn't want to go out, they wanted to watch TV and use the Leapfrog & iPad, so the two of use scooted to Parkway since our Hawker Centre is closed for renovation (5 weeks). $7.80 a set for Kway Chup and we normally share whatever set there is because we are not big eaters.

Then, on impulse, we thought of getting a massage. So we hurried back home with some food and groceries for the house and then scooted off to the Chinese massage place. I shan't scare you with a photograph of my back, it looks and surely felt terrible after "cupping"; so I will just show you my lower-back (above). Boy, are there so much aches and pains, it's amazing how tolerant my body is. Come on, it's time to love my body! Take care.

 Then we went for some chicken, the stall that has a very long queue perpetually. We hardly ever queue for food but that day, we wanted to solve the mystery. Alas, the meat is not too bad, perhaps the white, steamed chicken tastes better.


 Then we went home to shower and I had a quick revision with Kiki on the violin before leaving again, to meet PW this time. PW went for her first float with the tank and we wanted to catch up with her since it's been months.

 I've been eying the pancakes shop for a while now, but the kitchen was ALWAYS closed when I get there after my late float sessions. Finally managed to get my feet in there, and boy, was it worth it! Yummy.
Rum & raisin with butter (picture above), and just take a look at the coat of butter. Supper shiok man. We ordered two dishes between the three of us and still needed a doggie bag to tar-bow the sandwich. Well, probably PW wasn't in a mood to eat as she was sharing about her burnout being the sole caregiver for her mom whose alzheimer condition has deterritorialized.


 Turkey ham sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment