Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ben & Lynn's ROM

 Over my forty-year lifetime, I suppose I have attended quite many wedding parties & ceremonies.
I must say not all brides or grooms are public with their feelings. Given a smaller, closer-knitted group; sometimes the bride or groom may be more comfortable to share their heartfelt speeches. Or perhaps some speeches pull heartstrings more than others.

Yesterday, the bride paused a few times when reciting her vow. She paused after the first sentence. So you may imagine how she summoned her strengths to complete her vows, with gentle applause from the floor that is. Tear welled up some eyes, including mine. Later that evening, she sportingly said that although it may seem like a long time to have dated for ten years, they are still young (implying the best is yet to come).

To me, dating is an easier prelude; being happy in marriage takes much more effort after the dust settles, there's a lot of housekeeping. But of course that's coming from me. So just keep swimming.



 one huge fella with his mid-size partner

 scrabbled words









 Obviously, an avid bowler!
(at this juncture, my heart giggled as I wondered if Ken will place some kind of fishing, tackle equipment as the table-piece on his wedding. but may be tacky.)

They had acoustic singers taking dedications and I had sent in John Legend's "All of Me"


 Cheers to you both. May the force be with you.


1 comment: