Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Last Friday Night

A few weeks back when I got to know that Budak Pantai was drawing its curtains, I went to SISTIC to get the concert tickets, prior to payment the lady informed that the show was not for viewers under six. Huh? I thought-- where got such a thing? A Cappella concert got age restriction? Then how could I go with a kid in tow? And that was it,,,, I didn't get the tickets.

Fast forward a few more weeks, one day I woke up thinking--- it is over? the concert, has it taken place or not yet? I had been visiting the group at the rooftop of YMCA since my ANA Hotel days..... 1998 thereabout. I have watched one of them in Army uniform till now kind of old. Although the last time I went for their rooftop gig was about two years back, I have had so much good memories with those chaps. My first Oreo Milk Shake. And oh,,,, my lost friend- Adeline. And that Magician who was astonished when I saw through one of his supposedly magic tricks. Such fond memories, how could I let them go without saying goodbye. So that night I quickly went SISTIC to get the tickets, they were left with only four tickets and only circle 3 seats were left........ Change plans, bring Bren on a Friday instead of bringing Kiki on a Saturday. And so it was.



 Still got time to drink and snack before the show. We've decided whatever rum and kahlua they serve is too little and too expensive if we were to drink to our fill; next time we will stock-up pocket size liquour and smuggle them in our pockets whenever we go for any shows, movies, concerts, whatever! Idea.



 View from Circle 3..
Budak Pantai says we could take all the videos we want, so I took many.


(photo lifted from the Net)

Gordon, Michael, Joe, Kah Keh and Danny  (Francis used to be a member but he dropped out long ago)
That night, they didn't sing "Say yes" (Chage & Aska)!!!! *sob!
Nevermind! I HAVE THEIR OLD CDs.
It was a memorable, heart-warming send off. They sang Final Coutdown mashed with All Come All Ye Faithful with resounding Amen.
They sang about the territorial dispute we had with our neighboring country over the small rock-island and Lighthouse which involved ICJ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedra_Branca_dispute 

They also sang Let it Go (Frozen) although they don't quite know why that song  became a phenomena. (Neither do I) 
I will miss their mashed ups, their self-depreciating jokes, the subtle strength and ahem.....the fuzzy-dovey lovey that sometimes are carried by their voices.


 (see, there were six of them)



(photo courtesy of my sis' friend or friend's friend's friend, I don't know but obviously not sitting Circle)

Surprise, surprise; Stephanie Sun among the audience. She presented the guys with bouquets. Don't have to pay extra to see a mega star. 


After the concert, I was dying to go home because my feet were hurting badly. I think I am just gonna be a slippers lady from now. Or sneakers lady. Kick those heels away, kitty heels included. Anyway, I was dying to go home but of course I didn't want to wet the blankets when Bren suggested we go get a drink at Cuppage. He was referring to Emerald lah,,, what Cuppage. Two different places okay!
Wa,,,, so much laughters there! So many working people, expats, skinny, young, very pretty ladies with good teeth, everyone was laughing away. Reminds me of Mdm Wong, minus the queue, minus the beng, minus the dance floor. Dance floor is so passé! haha. My sis says lets get the SCGS girls over one night. That would be crazy. yeah-crazy, not crazy-crazy. Despite me feeling fat and old there, I surely enjoyed the place.



 5, Emerald Hill (Soon Lee)
http://www.emerald-hill.com



No comments:

Post a Comment