Monday, December 16, 2013

WE Music Studio - Concert 2013

We have been taking piano lessons at WE Music Studio (opp. our place at Roxy) for about....... how long? slightly over a year, thereabout. Supposedly, I have to practise with her at home but realistically, I didn't because I just couldn't spare the time. Plus, I am illiterate in musical notes, I play the violin by ear (by hearing), and that was the Suzuki way. As for piano, i am not able to play nor will ever have the brain cells to learn. So, Kiki manages it on her own without supervision. Each week, we just nod our heads if the teacher asks if we practised (fingers crossed) and the Papa brings her for lessons, so the teacher and him couldn't communicate much as she is PRC and Bren is OCBC (Orang Cheena Bukan Cheena, Chinese but non-Chinese if you know what i mean). So you can imagine,,,, I wasn't really sure how it would turn out at her performance yesterday. 

And then suddenly, we realised, she was the first performer after the opening!
Sweat,,,,,,,
Luckily, that little girl took to the stage quite naturally.
I don't even know how she managed to climb onto that bench, I almost wanted to carry her when she stood there and stared at the bench. Then, she climbed up. And took,,,, 14 seconds to find the keys. But once she started, wow,,,, it was okay. The teacher said she did very well and the teacher was very pleased.



screenshot

Watch the video here -- Rocket - Piano

The song she played was entitled:- Rockets.
It is a children's song and it is only 15 seconds long. -_-"



 Selfie for three


 Sitting at the Performers' row.


 Ah Mah

 Her teacher - Anita

Group photo

3 comments:

  1. I wached the video. Nice. She did well. I wonder how you find the time to have Kiki Learning violin and piano. And chinese too. I will try music for the big boy next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For piano, it's just bringing her there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ! I had the same moment of "shock" when I saw the programme the week before the concert and saw that my littlest one was doing the very 1st item! At the concert itself, it was thus literally "Lights, Action"! ...I held my breath. Only continued breathing AFTER he finished performing that first item. LOL.

    ReplyDelete