Monday, December 16, 2013

Tanglin Mall- 2013





All ready but due to drizzle, the mechanic turned off the "snow-making" machine.
Everyone was disappointed but continued to hang around.


Finally, before 8pm, a roar of wows filled the air. Everyone scrambled to get under the sky of falling foam
Well, we (as in my sis and I, plus my aunt Julie and various cousins) had outlived our excitement in this because we have played with this thingy many times since 1998. I used to work at the hotel just opposite the mall. Once, I worked till quite late, probably eightish ninetish, and was walking past the festivities, heading to the bus stop, feeling all weathered. But as God, or the Universe, or my Fate, has it, just as I almost walked  passed the spot, the machine burst with a loud pop and the sky filled with fake snow. So many people exclaimed in joy. Well, it was so long ago and the awe was awesome-er. That moment I knew that God, or the Universe, or my Fate (what a mouthful) assigned me a respite and filled it with joyousness. I know I am always being taken care of, and I shall always remember this.

So, for the love of my kids, I bring them there to have some fun. And I am glad that my sis & Ken were there. Colin called out to my sis - YI YI! YI YI! LOOK! STAR! (pointing to the giant, decorative star on the tree top). He took a long time to warm up and again by the time he wanted to play,,,,,,,,,, the machine stopped. Next time (ba), Colin. Next time.



 The Jiejie had more fun. Haha.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment