Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sunday, Part 2.

 I was actually thinking of getting this G-shock but had forgotten how merchandise gets snapped up even before they warm the shelves. Especially when it's a limited edition or collectibles. The lady at the store stared at me in disbelief when I asked if she's got this MMM design for sale. She said that people started queuing at midnight the day before it was launched. Not to mention there were only 16 pieces per store at 3 stores island wide. I guess if it were selling at $3999 instead of $399 the situation might differ.

So anyway, since i was there i might as well make-hay-while-the-sun-shines and strolled along.
stumbled onto an exhibition by Peter Draw (his name is Peter but his surname is not Draw. I asked.)
He said "Draw" was the name his students gave and it stuck.


 Peter Draw when he was six.

 A huge confined area filled with light-blue balloons. It was indeed a very tranquil feeling in that space. I did not expect it and was pleasantly surprised how easily our feelings would shift (from normal to a sense of serenity) when put into a space mimicking vastness and lightness. (like heaven?)

Peter asked to film my testimonial but I was too shy to repeat so I declined... sorry, Peter.





Peter Draw and moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment