Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sueanne's Big Four Oh







Sueanne and I have a very unique relationship, I don't quite know what to make of it.
I remember when Carol first joined us, she thought Sueanne and I were loggerheads as we argued with each other a lot. Surprisingly, Sueanne & I have never felt offended nor did our friendship had any dent. I guess we were both mature to distinguish the differences in our opinions and none of us had the need to change the other. Also, I think we both resemble each other in some ways or we won't have this chemistry. It is like we are such private personnel and our support for each other is silent but has presence. She is only three years my senior but I had learned a lot from her. She was my senior at my first job when I was 19 and I credit her for my work etiquette. In my career formation years, she was a good role model. Come to think of it, indeed she was a large influence in shaping my work standard.
Sueanne has never celebrated her birthday in this fashion, the big forty must mark the next phase of her life, now that she had the big "D" and is a single mother. Last night was a very warm gathering of her friends and the bunch of us constituted her main group of friends, besides of course her Pastor and her church friends, as well as her secondary school friends and recently-made friends.
Still, she feels so blessed she asked us to kindly make a donation to the New Hope Community http://www.newhopecs.org.sg/ instead of buying presents for her birthday.
I met my ex CEO and Sim KC after haven't seen them since,,, 1996. It is amazing that 14 years had gone by and besides the grey hair, everyone did not change much. Of course they all exclaimed that I'm 37 SINCE THEY STILL REMEMBER ME AS A 19-YEAR-OLD LIKE IT WAS JUST YESTERDAY. AND MY EYES WENT SO WIDE WHEN KOK CHWEE SAID HE JUST PASSED 50. Where have all the years gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment