Saturday, November 6, 2010

Portrait





If I tell you that it was easy for me to paint this portrait, I would be bullshitting you.

The funny thing is that I had completed 95% of the portrait in two sittings of art practice but it took me an astonishing eight months to just do the nose bit. (I don't mean I've painted it over eight months, what happened was that I procrastinated for eight months before I finally continued with it tonight.) The nose is darn tough to paint. I mean, I had been paying attention to all the noses on prints and I study the shades in my head. But when I had to paint it, it took my almost two hours to just do the nose, and I almost threw the canvas away. Persevered, persevered and I pressed on until I've finally got it right. (or so I hope).
I am satisfied with this at last. (by the way, Kiki recognises this portrait, she said "Puppy" when I showed her the picture. *puppy is her term for mommy)
I hope to go on painting portraits because this is what I like.
In the meantime, I've already got a few non-poetrait ideas that I am gonna paint. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment