Monday, September 14, 2015

Miscellaneous


 She recycled a plastic tube and made it into a Guppy.
She says- "wait, Mama, let me add the breathing thingy"  then she returned with gills for the fish.
"Gills, Rachael. Those are called 'Gills'. "


 the haze swung some votes to our incumbent government as some people think we need our government to pressure our neighbour to stop burning their forests. 


Last night, we were reading "Laika, the astronaut dog" when Kiki stopped me and excitedly told me there's Moscow on her iPad. I was like what Moscow on iPad? She then showed me the world map and started fumbling through to search for Moscow. I know Moscow is in Russia but I don't know was it to the left or right of Asia. After much fumbling, I said why don't I just drop a pin. So, anyway, I'm glad she relates what she reads to what she comes across. And these days, we read together with Colin =)  although he's sometimes quite naughty and distracting, I know he's listening because sometimes he pops interesting questions or comments out-of-the-blue. (So don't think he's not listening).

Laika was a stray dog. In the name of Science, they put Laika on a spacecraft and launch her into space. As if stray was not bad enough, they chose stray dogs thinking that stray dogs are capable of enduring extreme cold and hunger. Anyway.




It's time to get an EZ Link transport card for Colin. Kids under 7 travel free.


2 comments:

  1. You meant the EZ link is for Kiki right? Unless kids travelling free still needs a EZ link card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sohcool, yes, kids travelling free will still need the EZ link card if they are taller than 0.9m. If not, there will be no concession prices, meaning they will need to foot an adult fare. So, if you're back home and want to use the public transport, just apply for the EZ link cards under your IC number. The card could be issued on-the-spot at Ticketing Offices at major MRT stations.

    ReplyDelete