Thursday, August 10, 2017

I will be a better mother because I was bad.

 When Colin was a baby. So cute.
In my stressful moment, I said mean things to him. 
So mean that tears brimmed my eyes now that I think about it.
This mean thingy I did was just yesterday. 
I am sorry I let stress get the better of me. 
But I will be a better mother because I recognize my shortcomings. 
A guilt ridden mother will over-compensate. 
So that is not me. 
But I will learn to listen to you more. 
And I will give you the goodness you deserve. 
Be patient with your mother. 
I am getting there.

1 comment:

  1. I am getting there I hope too. Not easy especially since it is school holidays and the kids are home all day. Can get on our nerves. I want to be a patient mother and be patient to my mother too. She who is helping take care of the boys now. Ah... You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete