Friday, October 7, 2016

Say a prayer for a stranger in Florida

I had received a message from the seller, Elaine.
She informed that she was on the way to FEDEX to send me my watch.
After a couple of hours, she sent me a second message.
She informed that she was not able to make the courier as FEDEX was closed as the hurricane was approaching. She asked me to say a prayer for her. She added that when their power (electricity) is up again, she will contact me but it may be a while before she might be able to send me any updates.
I assured her that it was all right and told her to take care.
Here in Singapore, we complain of the haze, we complain of the rain even. We complain of inconveniences.
There in Florida, people are fearing for their lives. (and Elaine is still trying to send me my watch).
I didn't hurry her nor ask for immediate dispatch, she was just doing what she normally does as an online seller. It was just that Hurricane Matthew happened.
Hope that the people there will reach safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment