Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Penang 2016: Day 1


 Guess where we're heading?  To the land of good street hawker food. (Hint: Not Singapore)

 Our flight was punctual.


 Go get local SIM card. MYR$25
(I've only realised that the abbreviation for Malaysian Ringgit has been changed from "RM" to "MYR")

We were fortunate my sis' work friend who is from Penang but works in Singapore, was back home over the weekend. In fact, he goes home every weekend. He was very hospitable, in fact, he was very excited that we were visiting. After fetching us from the air port, he brought us to a local market to eat. The place is called - "Seven Streets" 七条路。It is not well known among visitors and tourists but it is very popular among the locals.
We had- Penang Asam Laksa, Poh Piah, Lor Bak, Char Kuay Teow, Prawn Noodles, just to name them all.

My sis' friend is a proud Penang fellow. He gave us a quick tour of Georgetown, showing us the house where Dr. 孫中山 held secret meetings, also the street where Jodie Foster & Chow Yun-Fat filmed - "Anna & The King", as well as the Hong Kong Shoe Shop(香港鞋店) where Jimmy Choo was once an apprentice. etc. etc. Oh and how Singapore and Penang have so much in common because we're "twin city".

Thin Poh Piahs (looks like You Tiao)


 Lor Bak (is like our Wu Xiang)

 Soft and fragrant Kuay Teow

 Very nice smelling Prawn Noodles.

 Shopping Centre- Gurney Plaza



 Night Hawker- Gurney Drive

 Lok Lok Yong Tau Fu.

 Wanton Noodles.
 Cuttle Fish BBQ

 Gurney Paragon
 Teochew Chendol

Our Airbnb
Please do not expect a "hotel feel", there isn't any.
It feels like a chalet but okay lah, not too bad.
Feels somewhat better than backpackers' inns but surely not as comfortable as hotels.
I was expecting Airbnb to be 'homely' but this unit has not been lived in, so you won't feel soul.




My sis' pet dog travels everywhere! 
That's a sonic wolf, right? 


Oh ya, I had no time to update you, my watch arrived! 
(left one's mine, right one my aunt's)

I'm pleased with my watch and I guess I'm putting it up for sale. 
Trying to find additional income stream, hope my auction & merchandising skills will convert my products into sales transactions, therefore adding value to others (happy, value deals) and myself (money, commerce & socialization). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment