Friday, February 13, 2015

Secret Code

When we first read the book about Brailles, Kiki told me that those dots are found on lift's buttons.
When we were in the loo, she spotted Brailles on the baby-seat and asked if that one that looks like "7" is letter "L". I said I do not know but we can go home and check since we still have the book with us. (Actually, can check from the mobile but I prefer to do it the slower way if it helps to give a richer learning process). So anyway, we checked, it is not "L", in fact, it is not found!
(there's no alphabet that looks like a dotted 7)



We deciphered this, it reads- "(Capital) You are my best friend (period)"

So now, back to that L and 7 that didn't make any sense.
I thought Hummmmmmm maybe the thing is inverted. Because when you fold it up, the reader may have to read the braille inverted. So I deciphered it that way. But it still didn't work.

Big HUMMMMM........... Oh I know! Maybe it is in Japanese! Because there is Japanese Text (Right???!!)
So I decipher it thinking they would spell it in Japanese.

So I looked up "Close after use" and "Please close after use"and thought that I could form "Shiyo-go Ni Tojiru" or "Shiyo-go Ni Tojite Kudasai"



But still it didn't make sense!

HUMMMMMMMM. Maybe they have a different version of Braille for Japanese!

Of course they did!
But still it didn't make sense!

 HUMMMMMMMM. Maybe IT IS INVERTED! (oh meanwhile i had turned it over a few times)
and INDEED IT IS INVERTED!
BUT STILL IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!    


So I googled on the versions of Braille for Japanese. Turned out there are Braille for Japanese Characters (not just verbalization but strokes).

So..... I gave up. But now I know!

What an adventure. And I now know that Combi is of Japanese origin! No wonder I had used THREE of their prams/strollers. I still have two old ones which I can't bear to throw away.

If I were a secret corporation, I would use Braille in a foreign language to embed it onto CONSUMER products to filter my message through (to reach my agents). They must have done that the pre-internet days. Secret corporations I mean. 




No comments:

Post a Comment