Friday, February 13, 2015

CNY Prelude

Goldfish. My new colleague made these Goldfish for everyone. She made one for Iresh but everyone acclaimed that they are so adorable. So she made one for everyone. Then we said that one goldfish is too lonely, they need partners. So she made more. LOL.

The cooking aunty made these. Not specifically for me but she says I can have them if I would like. So I gladly accepted. She made lots of other lanterns for office decorations. You know, there's one other office lady; she could make wonderful art crafts. They even had Heart shaped lanterns.


 My office driver colleague dropped these CNY goodies at my block last night. He says it is not convenient to pass them to me at the office because he didn't get for everyone. During Hari Raya, I also give him (& another) Ang Bows. But I don't expect any reciprocal because giving is never about expecting returns.

Before we went downstairs to meet my colleague, Kiki asked me what is my colleague's name. I said it is "Dino". She asked me what does his mother call him. I say "Din" and Dino is his nickname. She asked why his nickname is longer than his real name. She has this impression that a nick must be shorter. I didn't explain that his full name is lengthy. Anyway, she wants to make a card for him to thank him for the CNY goodies. (I didn't think of it). I say - But you haven't met him, how would you know how he looks like? She says she could draw and I could tell her if it looks like him. So I agreed.

We gave the sketch to Din when we met him at the driveway =)


 Today's Steamboat Reunion Lunch. Very good soup base.

 The school brought K1 & K2s to Chinatown to 感染迎春新年气息

(However, I must jot down about this--- that weekend after the Chinatown visit, Kiki had a nightmare. or should I say-- a bad dream. She was crying so hard in her sleep. Sobbing uncontrollably. when i woke her up, she couldn't stop crying! still catching her breath and having hics. I think it's a meshed up dream. she dreamt that I left her to re-marry and that she has nobody in the world. after much interrogation afterwards, she told me about the homeless man she saw at Chinatown during the school's outing, that man has only a bag with him and he slept on a stool. I wonder who told her that man was homeless and had nobody? that girl takes on everyone's problem!)


There's Colin making a funny face. Actually, he really doesn't know how to pose a smile.


 This is K2


No comments:

Post a Comment