Monday, February 9, 2015

MG50

No nap as we were going to my cousin- Mag's birthday party. Mag is 50!

When her violin teacher asks if she attended a party since she had rouges on her cheeks, Kiki explains that she has make-up on because she went to "My mother's cousin's birthday party. MG50, it is Mag 50 year-old party. Not fifteen, it's 50". Kiki let on on what she ate- "cupcake, sausages, crackers, sweets, and noodles",   her teacher smiles and asks if she ate up all her lipstick. Then Teacher asks if she is in K2 or Primary 1. Kiki says K2. Teacher asks which school will she be going to. Kiki says she doesn't know. Teacher jokes - Why are all of them going to the "I don't know" school.

Teacher asks if anyone was ready to play "Gavotte". Only one girl steps forward. After that, everyone looked at their kids cautiously and no one volunteered to present. So Teacher re-phrases - "Anyone else wants to rehearse Gavotte?"  So we took the chance and quickly raise our hands. She then asks me what the problem was. I said we have trouble "Slurring". Teacher asks Kiki to do some drills. "1.3,1.3,1.3,1.3, 2.3,2.3,2.3,2.3, 4.3, 2.1,4.3, 2.1,4.3, 2.1, finally 1.3, 2.3, 4.3, 2.1, A and 13234321-A".
A transformation took place in front of my eyes. Wa...... Her teacher is a darn good craftsman man............ in 3 mins she re-trained Kiki and Kiki could slurr almost very well. (I bet my eyes must have glistened with hope again). She told me that it was my job to be practising that way, and gave her an "OK" sign. She has imparted a valuable technique for us (and for anyone who might be paying attention in class), the least we could do is work on it.


 Bargaining for sweets.





No comments:

Post a Comment