Thursday, June 5, 2014

Random

He doesn't know I'm posting this. He doesn't read this blog unless I make him read an entry.

I see my sis and SJ save cats and dogs often. As for us, we are insect people. LOLLLLL.
Well, surely I can't bear to go near a lizard but I will get the lizard SOS assistance if it is in trouble. I have hardly mentioned this before but I guess I could chronicle the episode here.

A very long time ago (in 1995), Bren & I had just dated not long. One night we were having dinner at a coffeeshop somewhere near Bugis; the coffeeshop was rowdy and buzzing with regular people minding their own business eating, drinking, chatting. At one point, we heard some gasps and then a series of inconspicuous chatter. A rat had been run over in full view by a vehicle that drove into the car park. The chattering continued and periodic gasps were heard because the carcass of the rat was being trotted over again as another car drove into the car park. Without a word, Bren placed his fork & spoon aside on his plate, took a cardboard paper from the dustbin, and walked up to the car park entrance to scoop the dead rat off the tarmac road and placed it near some bushes, on the grass. Everyone was wide-eyed and silent. He then returned to the washroom to wash-up before continuing with dinner without a word.

Since then I know I have a rodent-saving partner. LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment