Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Phuket - Night & Others

"Look! I've got a Million Dollar Photo."  I exclaimed after capturing this.


I said - "Say "Hi" to Yiyi.... " (to get them to pose). 

 Look at her sad face. She came up to me and whispered: "Mama, can you send the picture to Maricar? send it to her handphone,,,,,,,, I miss her." then she almost cried. (I told her ok but I didn't do it because Maricar doesn't have a smartphone, nor do I think it mattered much to her if my kids miss her.) Colin upon reaching home, at the showers, declared- "I love you" to Maricar who didn't hear him until he repeated. I am not jealous, because it is a good sign that my kids are affectionate beings. Just that I hope their feelings are being appreciated or reciprocated, how it may unravel; I could only hope they meet nice people.

So anyway, Patong is filled with Pubs. We didn't go for a drink because mainly there's no inclination.
But it was interesting walking down the street, watching all the neon lights and getting our heartbeats synced with the beats.


Short video clip of the street at night:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKJoGlo5Mo



 They had this huge LED Billboard that flashes a live cam for about three minutes and then a set of advertisements for three minutes, alternating intervals. Can you spot us on the screen?



 I said row the boat and they pushed the boat.



 Beer Garden

 One of the night, there was a storm. And one stretch of Cables got short circuited. It happened to be on the side where our motel resides. At 5.30 in the morning, I ran three Seven-Eleven stores in an attempt to buy hot water for milk but all the stores were affected. There were three "Lady boys" who were very helpful, they explained to me that there was a "Boom!" and gestured to me dramatically that there is no power. (there was no air-conditioning, no hot water, no electricity, bathroom tap water was brown) Finally, I found an uncle selling hot coffee on his motorbike; I bought some coffee and he helped fill up the two milk bottles I had with me. Wa, we've really taken electricity, water & infrastructure for granted in Singapore. You don't know how it feels to have two whining kids wanting milk when the sun is still dozing. Well, it was not mayhem; mayhem, because if  worse comes to worst we could give them cool milk (from bottled water) but I don't think cool milk will give them comfort.

So anyway, after breakfast we went around the area to recce other hotels in case we have to move if power doesn't come back, and we walked into Novotel. Wow, it's like haven compared to our little huts. Haha. For five times the price, of course.



 A sign of Korean & Chinese tourists being main spenders. 

 Dunkin Donuts
 At the Airport waiting for our plane which was very punctual.




 They ate all the pastas

We were the last passengers to alight from the plane. One stewardess spotted Colin and exclaimed that he was "cute", and then Kiki overheard, so we've got two of these puzzles. ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment