Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Peer Learning

Kiki & Colin take the school bus home. Naturally, they make friends with the kids on the same bus. Children make new friends easily.

Last evening, Kiki returned home with a handmade booklet that has sketches and short text written in Chinese. It's a self-made storybook of sorts. From the text, I know that booklet is not Kiki's work as she hasn't learned to write in Chinese. So I queried the origin. She explained to me that her friend; Glenda, gave her the book. (Glenda takes the school bus).

This was just one of the non-essential short conversations we have normally.

When I emerged from my lengthy shower, Kiki showed me her storybook which took me completely by surprise.

She had asked Maricar to staple some drawing board paper into a booklet, and proceeded to sketch the story in her head. After that, she asked her Papa to write the story as she narrates.

 An untitled book.


 Once upon a time, there was a dog named "P2". 
(He was a) lonely dog. 

Then one day, a friend met him. 
The other dog named "P.P." was also a lonely dog. 







Then until the next day, the pups decided to play. And that two pups said- "What can they(we) play?"  One of the dogs said- "We can play ball!"

(After some time) So, one of the pups said to the other pup- "I need to go back home." And the other dog said - "OK! You can go back home."






This other pup also needed to go back home. 

And the other pup also needed to go back home. 




And he said - "There's my home."

It's a journey and until the pup found his mother. 




 (Pup returns home to a waiting mother)

Mother & pup in their home.


Well, I am very impressed.
The phrase that touched me was - "It's a journey until the pup found his mother".
Then, the picture of a delightful pup upon seeing his mother. (with a heart above the two).

I interviewed her.
I asked why do some of the dogs have only one eye.
She couldn't explain properly but she took her Applejack Pony plush toy and showed me that if I view the pony from the side, it is showing one eye. (side view)

Then I asked why is the story so sad. Why are BOTH dogs lonely?
She explained that one pup has no friend, one pup has no father and no mother, so the pups are sad and lonely. (I hope that's not how she feels!)

Well, at least the pup with a set of parents is eager and excited in going home to a waiting mother. 


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment