Tuesday, February 4, 2014

CNY初四

Yeah! I've got that Chinese Text Composer on my PC now...嘻嘻哈哈!

Okay, yesterday was 初四

My company gave us an extra day off, which was a nice gesture.

Kico stayed at home because Kiki was having a bit of a fever & quite a cough and Colin had runny nose.

I took the opportunity to catch a movie that I had wanted to watch, the Gold Chicknesss (this is part 3 of the Golden Chicken movie series) and I shall talk about the movie in a separate post later.

Then, I felt guilty that the kids are at home while I was doing my stuff. I had wanted to go get a massage, go do my nails (which I didn't get to do before CNY), go do some hair treatment; etc. but I didn't. I went home to play with Kico. (ever since I had become a mother, I almost always couldn't justify to myself to allow myself leisure time; knowing that the kids are idling or waiting, plus they fight a lot with each other).

So anyway, Bren & I were famished hence we took a quick bit at a nearby eatery that serves pancakes throughout the day. It's a cozy place, while I was sitting there, I planned in my head- to bring Kico and my sis there. Of course that includes Maricar lah. I've realized that at the CNY gathering at my big boss' house, Maricar was the only helper that eats at the guest table along with us. All the other helpers fade to the background. It did not occur to me if I was being rude or if I should follow protocol,,,,, but in the end I just decided to be myself. If she's not allowed to sit among guests then I will not eat at the table too. I am sorry if some people may find me offensive but I really have very little "power-distance" between people & myself. If it was an invited dinner gala etc, than of course that will take some planning or alternative arrangements, but generally, I think helpers are an extension of the employer and we should not dictate to leave them out. 

Anyway, yes, about that eatery--- it's located at Katong Road. (I think!)... It's just opposite Katong I12.



 


 Cozy place but the air conditioning was too strong (for a small space).


Pancakes all day long!


Then, I quickly went to Isetan to grab some teats (Colin had chewed on all of them), and quickened my foot pace 加快脚步 marched on the double to go home and play with them.


 Last Christmas, my aunt helped me to get a present for Colin. She took a photo of the toy and asked if I wanna get it for Colin, which I did. To our dismay,,,, that package was only the trailer (cars not included although they were illustrated on the box. so I must have missed the fine print). For a discounted price at $39.90,,,, I didn't think it would be an empty trailer (so, it means I'm out of touch? 脱离现实?)
So anyway, my aunt bought the rest of the cars when she was at the toy store again, and they were on sale (20-30% off) which was a happy-buy.

I told Colin that the red car's name is "Lightning MacQueen" but he says: "Nooooo,, blabber blabber blabber CAR, blabber blabber blabber CAR-CAR!" 

(shows me the blue car and called it "car", shows me the red car and called it "car-car")

Oh, he says - No, this blue car's name is "Car" and the red car's name is "Car-car".
LOL!

And for the first time in history, during bedtime Colin insists that I accompany him in bed.
Wow, I was just wondering to myself if he would ever display more affection for me given the lesser time I spend with him. I guess these few days of bonding had been invaluable =)  无价

 These little cars are jigsaw size.




No comments:

Post a Comment