Saturday, January 8, 2011

CNY - 2O11 (prelude)

Ahem* (clears throat), I am so loud. Kind of embarrassed to be so loud sometimes but I can't help feeling very at ease carrying these styles.

I've settled all my CNY clothing in one shop - the Desigual.
I was making my way home when I passed the shop. After a quick browse, I realised that many of the selections suit me. I mean, they are not new to me, I've been buying them since,,, three years back, but this trip was the most fruitful. I'd bought an astonishing number of pieces. Five to be exact.

Just look at the awkward overlapping details. I love it. I love everything that is seemingly out-of-place. Maybe it syncs with me too well.

Oh, by the way, Desigual means "It is not the same" (in Spanish).
The sales staff explained that although each design may be the same, they are not identical.
The slight difference is that the alignment and placement of the fabric at each joint are random.
You know, like you make ten quilt blankets from broken pieces of left over fabric, all ten blankets though are blankets and on appearance look alike, are not identical. Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment