Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our Regular Sunday




I don't know if most working mothers feel like they don't spend enough time with their babies but I sure feel guilty half the time. I hope I can move pass this as this feeling does not help my well-being. But I take heart to know that my lecturer once said "a working mother is the best mother. Because she knows very well that time is scarce and she makes the best use of the alloted time she has with her baby."
I make it a point to spend Sunday with Kiki. We don't do a lot of stuff but her weekly class has become something we all look forward to. She enjoys her class very much, although sometimes,,,,,, she is a bad student. (for an example, if she is disinterested, she will slide halfway down her chair and sit in such a way, threatening to fall off her seat) I always tell her
"小妹,坐好来! " But she still does it as long as she has gotten bored. Sometimes, I have to resist spanking her.
But to be fair, she's a good student 95% of the time.
She pays attention, participates in all activities and often slams her palms on the desk to show her delight. Recently, she has become very chatty, she will chat her friends up and sometimes distracting the activity. Oh ya! She can now call her daddy "Ba ba ba ba ba" (mostly five counts) and she calls out to her daddy most delighfully in the morning. I would shoot to Bren - "your baby's calling you 爸爸" He would say "no lah,,, she's saying babababa" as he was sensitive to my feelings.
Well,,,,,, the don't say "daddy's girl" for nothing.
I think my baby is refusing to call me on purpose. That girl just likes to take a dig at me, all for her personal amusement. Arggh.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha very cute that she will slide halfway down the chair if she is disinterested. Very adult like don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think much into it. Now that you've said it,,,,,,, ya. But she's been like this for some time. That girl is really funny. She can do "Deep Breathing" with sound effects... Breathe in, Snussss,,, out Hhaaaaaaa. Like that! She's so funny I tell you. You will love her.

    ReplyDelete