Friday, April 16, 2010

Oh, what a morning.

I normally go to the main office for a cup of nice, local coffee each working morning.

Today, I was greeted by a rat, caught in a mesh-iron trap. The rat was a small one, it was not moving much and was standing on its hind paws. I stopped to look at it, can't help feeling very sad and sorry. Our cook shot at me--"awaiting death". I said "huh?" She said, "the rat is awaiting death, it is hallucinating." I couldn't say another word.

I can understand that a kitchen is no place for a rat to be, but the rat is being a rat.
Rats can't grow their own rice or farm their own chickens, they just get to the food, whatever it is, to eat.
If it were a cockroach, it would have been easier for me to rescue it.
I did a silent prayer for the rat and hope he gets reborn in a better realm.
And so,,,,,, this is my rainy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment