Sunday, October 18, 2009

Recipe


I made porridge again on Saturday morning, this time, the porridge was great! I used the mini slow clock cooker (is it slow clock? I'm not sure. Maybe it is as it takes a long time to cook anything at all). Anyway, as I was saying, the slow clock cooker gave such soft rice grains that I could easily mash them up. The only catch was that it took 1 & 1/2 hours for it to cook. But the carrots that I made failed to be soft. I didn't want to wait another one hour for it to slow cook; I cooked it over the stove fire. No matter how I boiled it, it wouldn't turn soft. Maybe the carrots are too old and dry. I did go to the market to buy baby-carrots but all the packets there had dried-up carrots. So anyway, Kiki took only a few mouthful of porridge and that was it for Saturday. Oh, thankfully I've got pumpkin squash as a backup and she enjoyed it. Emm... it was jar baby food, in case you're wondering....
Sunday was a lot better, I made avocado into cream. Good recommendation from Pam, she told me to get the Braun hand-blender and it works wonderfully. Of course I didn't let Kiki finish the whole bowl of avocado (even though she could), as it is too much (I think) for a baby to consume. Hence, I ate half of the portion. It tastes wonderfully rich. Thanks to my mom who had introduced me avocado when I was young, many people I know do not like that fruit, they say they feel like they're eating a cake of soap. Well, maybe if they eat the creamy version, they might like it. Or would they then feel that they're eating face cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment