Sunday, October 4, 2009

3-Oct-2009, Saturday - Her First Solids




We followed the doctor's instructions to the T, this is Kiki's first solid food!
Most mothers I know gave their babies some form of solids when the baby turns 4 months.
For me, I thought there must be a really good reason why the doctors strongly recommended not to give the baby solids till 6 months.
She took to it very well and has a certain kind of pace to eating, it came naturally.
I try to at least know what it tastes like, turns out, it tastes just like our Nestum cereal.
Nice fragrance to it.



4 comments:

  1. I just started my boy on apple compote just 2 weeks ago. He took it well and even asked for more. Yesterday, he even wanted to hold the spoon. I see that Kiki's hand was holded down. Was she trying to grab the spoon too? Taking my doc's advise, I will make him try veggies when he turns 6 months old.
    When do you think you will make Kiki try porridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maid held her hands yes. Today I fed her, I let her hold the spoon. She is very eager to "feed" herself and I will her do it. I'll tell the maid not to pin her hands from now cos I don't like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's time to let her try porridge but I still am not very confident as I always have this impression that she ought to be sitting to be eating. She hasn't learnt to sit by herself. But I guess I ought to be letting her try some porridge this weekend. Plain porridge first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a babycook and the guide book mentioned to give baby rice, potatoes etc from 7months onwards. I tried carrot over the weekend but not very successful. Little one prefers apple compote.
    How did you cook the spinach porridge? Send me via email or FB please....

    ReplyDelete