Sunday, April 26, 2009

Take the Heat

I'm not sure how humid it is out there but I guess it is from 35 to 40++ deg C. This is enough to drive many people hot, and I don't mean sexy hot but grumpy hot. It is ironic that I'm the one doing the confinement, you know, limited baths and no washing of hair (!) but I've yet to complain about being hot or humid. Maybe because it works better for me, logically, I am to perspire isn't it? I hate to do this but I have to tell you, the confinement nanny is not as patient as she said she is. For one, she nags. Every morning, she tells me of how Kiki wants to drink milk before the stipulated hour is up, and how Kiki will "gnek gnek" (make noises) and want to be held and not sleeping. Isn't this a norm? How do you expect an infant to sleep through 12 hours at night? Isn't that the main duty of a nanny? I don't know why is she grumbling. And she grunbles about the weather. I am really sensitive to nags, I dislike it a lot. I don't wish to be unhappy about the nanny and this is the last week anyway. I have to constantly remind myself to be grateful for her assistance, especially so when we were so lost and clueless at the beginning. So, I put up with it and try to demonstrate consistancy and patience as I always believe in leading by example. I relief the nanny from all the day feeds and she doesn't need to do laundry etc. Her only 2 main duties are night feed and cooking for my lunch and dinner. My mom does most of the marketing.

So anyway, this has made me realised the toil of a 24/7 baby caregiver. I am very thankful that Brendan suggested to me last night to hire a flexi nanny after the confinement nanny leaves. He said that it is important that I get enough rest, be mentally and emotionally happy in order to do a good job as a new mother. It makes more sense to spend quality time with Kiki and we should be exploring playtime, going for strolls and singing to her etc. Kiki loves it when Brendan sings to her every night. She cooes off and seems to be enjoying his sensual voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment