Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A cool morning

I woke up at 630am as I could hear that Kiki has been crying for some time. The nanny couldn't seem to handle and I could hear the impatience in her tone. So I sprung up from bed, still a little sleepy-headed and went to see what's happening. It is quite disturbing to hear the nanny tell me that Kiki had not slept since 4am. She said that Kiki had hiccups for 1 hour after feeding, pooped, became cranky and refused to sleep. I am very tired of hearing this as I feel that as an experienced nanny for over 18 years she claimed, how is it that she is complaining to me? I don't understand. This is not the first baby under her care, right? Anyway, I scooped Kiki off the bed and cradled her just to walk around the very small living room we have. Then I opened the door and gate and showed her the tree and sky. Not that she could see, but this breather was enough to calm her down a little. She is just cranky cos she's waiting for her milk, though we still had like half an hour more to go. It must have been the early morning feel-good factor that made me bring Kiki to my neighbour who was watering his plants. He was in his calvin klein boxers while I was also in my checkered boxer shorts. Well, it was 630 and we were mature enough to put aside any embrrassment since the focus was on Kiki. I showed Kiki to him and he melted his usual "coolness" and fondled Kiki on the cheeks. Asked me if she was a girl or boy and told me not to let others take pictures of her with flashlights on cos babies eyes are not fully developed yet. Said must be careful to take care of the eyes. (he cares!) hahaha. Well, it was a brief minute but it was a nice and cool morning. Soon after, it was time to feed Kiki and then she went to bed, tire-out I'm sure. It takes quite a lot of energy to care for an infant and I hope that I can manage well when nanny leaves next Monday. Try till I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment