Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eddie's BD

My boss- Eddie, is an interesting Character. He is unlike most Chinese man his age.
He is flamboyant and open minded. He feels that as long as he is not married, it is not wrong to have several girlfriends (his view).

I will always remember that he was working here as a Buyer at the shipyard when Singapore built her first rig (1972) and that is before I was born. 


He is from Penang but all of his friends are here and everywhere else in the world.


Today, we bought him Birthday lunch.

My office is an interesting place. Of course there are better and worse office environments out there, I would say that my office although perhaps could have been a better place, is not too bad a place. Sometimes work get very pressurizing especially when I'm running projects back-to-back. But time passes faster this way. Anyway.... life is what you make of it.

Today, one of my Indonesian colleague returned from her hometown. Her dad has passed away two weeks ago quite suddenly. She is quitting her work here and wants to return home to keep her mom company. It is always easy to let business (busy-ness) become ingrained into our lives but at the end of the day, we must always give our time, our mind, and our love to the people in our lives, and it would be nice to also be kind to ourselves and to people and animals in general.

I'm sleepy from the heavy lunch..... Zzzzzz.




No comments:

Post a Comment