Monday, July 21, 2014

Last Saturday


Last Saturday, I was disappointed with myself.
Normally, after picking up a new song, the kids are to play it in front of the class, one at a time. Whoever learns first will go ahead and play, gradually over about 3 to 4 weeks all the kids in the class would have showcased individually or in smaller groups.

However, last week, the teacher gave us a surprise revision and had the kids play Etude.
A few kids (including Kiki) missed some parts of the song. The teacher didn't reprimand us, she just said "to revise". But I saw her shaking her head (when Kiki placed her fingers wrongly on A string instead of E string (twice)....................................... I felt so bad. I felt like I had let her (the teacher) down. It might have felt better had she scolded me.

On a regular week, I barely have 3 nights with Kiki to practise. That includes me first-- learning a new song, next-- imparting my learning to her the following week; hoping she on catches fast, and everything else in between eg: revise old tunes and some prescribed exercises for the next new song, and that's just talking about violin. We still have reading of one each English & Chinese booklet for her weekly reading review in school, and now the Chinese enrichment has 听写 two words bi-weekly (which reminds me, I have not started on this)  I have 3 nights for violin if I managed to squeeze the time. I think for her to have managed this far with so little practice is a feat. Anyway, I am not ranting, please don't mistaken. I will tell you when I rant. haha. I am just saying; I am juggling.  

So anyway,,,,, Zig Ziglar says-- Don't Let the Mistakes of the Past Control & Direct your Future.
So, I will put in more effort as long as I am motivated to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6zMhtNTVA&list=UU9SMbGNZCQUiCM9Vs4G9kEQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment