Monday, July 7, 2014

Minuet No. 1 - Learning Process


After class on Saturday, I texted Pam for help. I asked if HJ (her daughter) could spare us 20 minutes to run through with me Minuet No. 1 as I was having a hard time determining if I've gotten my fingering correct. 
This piece employs three strings and four fingers, plus two different types of 2s (the high & low 2s). After running through with me and removing all the marking-tapes marked at the wrong positions, we were reasonably on track. 

Came Sunday and made my usual, personal Layman notes and translated them onto labels on a chart. This is how we learn, the non notes reading way. I think I might stop at book 1 at the end of this year. I am not too sure if I have the energy to carry on. I took a look at some Primary 1 school worksheets and almost break into a sweat when I saw how they employed Hanyu Pingying on one full sheet of test paper. At this juncture, I think I might feel a tad sad if I give up Suzuki because we are gaining traction. So,,, let's just see how it goes.

 


 Kiki surprised me by making a card on her own accord to thank HJ for the short tutorial.
She drew HJ's dog, who according to her account; "licked all over my face and also licked my tongue"  (my goodness, the dog licked her tongue). Anyway.


10 comments:

  1. Is there any meaning in having your notes on different stickers? I thought each sticker represented the notes in different bars, but looks like notes in your Bars 3 & 4 & 5 are separated in those stickers ... and I'm not going to talk about the rest of the lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karmeleon, that's to repeat "red" section, and later repeat "blue".

      Delete
    2. Only is each sticker representing one BAR? Bc if so, then note missing in Bar 4 already, aka. Sticker 4.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Hi. .... I numbered one score for you. And coloured it as well. Hope it helps.

    https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3889/14593165231_6885e96d4d_o.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Should have asked you earlier. Ha.

      Delete
    2. No problem. You can get my contact from my blog.

      I usually photocopy the score and then write whatever little pencil markings I want on it. I also use colour pencils to colour the bars or the notes or whatever. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152157214131048&l=ae58d164b2

      Delete
    3. except - just note, I'm not a teacher, hor. Just parent like you. :D

      Delete
  3. By the way - Don't stop violin lah. Your girl is doing not bad actually. Just take it one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we will be able to juggle P1's academic demands, I looked at some Chinese worksheets and almost fell off my chair.

      Delete
    2. Ask Pam Leong to coach your daughter Math lor, or whatever other subjects. *hehe*

      Delete