Monday, July 24, 2017

Parent / Guardian

Uncle Loo has passed away after barely 3 weeks of falling ill. 
That is because he worked till the day he couldn't work. 
He is my Mom's eldest brother and he is also my God Father. 
When I was young, I resided under his roof. 
He signed all my test papers whenever I needed a parent to sign it urgently. 
He was the only person who kept me sane when I was there. 
Because in a young child's mind, this person is blood related to my mother, and hence it was kinship. 
His grit strength, until this day, is unmatched. 
My cousin told me that both my other uncle and my cousin were unable to lift and carry all the heavy crates of fruits and vegetables together while my Uncle Loo could do it single-handed.
I remember all the days we had to wake up at 4.30 in the morning to go to the mega huge cold storage to retrieve the crates of fruits from the wholesalers. I had always imagined that I was in Tokyo or somewhere where it snowed since it was minus degrees. I had also always imagined how I would keep myself alive if I were locked inside the mega freezers by accident.
 Father, goodbye. 




No comments:

Post a Comment