Thursday, July 7, 2016

Hari Raya Holiday


 The Marine Cove is a newly refurbished Playground at the East Coast Park. 
It was very crowded yesterday in the morning. I didn't bring KiCo there, I was there by myself because the rain had just stopped and it was still drizzling. I wanted time alone to read my book. 
After the drizzle stopped, all the children came out to play. They were very noisy, many were running amok, but it was fun and happy energy there. The kids queued up everywhere, although the playgroud was packed, I could see that most of the kids & their families were jolly. 

There are six new eateries there, including the much touted McDonald's. I did not visit the eateries, shall leave that for another time. 





 Digital station 

 The beach was also very crowded. It is nice to see many families and friends gather. 
The wind was strong, so it was relaxing to laze on the grass. 
When it was almost noon, two droplets of water fell on me. The lady sitting next to me looked at me and asked-- Is that rain?

I replied that I think it was. Then one more droplet fell on my chest. So I said that I think the rain might come again. She said that would be a shame as she had come all the way by taxi, from Hougang. I wanted to tell her that she can pray for the rain to be at bay. But of course I didn't say that because I didn't know her. So I said that she could take cover at the eateries and I hope it doesn't rain. I said a casual prayer for the weather to remain fine for the hundreds of people there, enjoying a day off. 

A few times it almost rained when we had swimming class. So I said to God, I said-- God, we had just arrived, can you please hold the rain for 30 mins, at least let us have half the lesson before you let it pour. This is because we took the trouble to come to swim class and it would be a shame to have missed the chance. But of course the decision is yours and not mine, I'm asking for just 30 mins. Of the two times I did that, the wind came and dispersed the clouds. So I thought I would say a little prayer for the people at the beach in a similar fashion. Turned out it didn't rain at East Coast for the rest of the day. Thank you.


They were so bored, they made their own props. 
Cat & Puppy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment