Monday, July 4, 2016

A roomful of invalids



 If I'm a Christian, I might have to view the situation as a test by God, either to bear the burden or to do the work of caring and feeding the invalids. 

If I'm a Buddhist, I might have to view the situation as Karma, either to pay the debt of my past misdeeds and to now care for and feed the invalids. 

Either way, I have never looked at the situation as suggested by the many people who told me (1) God will bless those who cares for those in need, (2) that good Karma will follow. Because there is no motivation in an eternal promised land, nor is there motivation to create good Karma for a future that I cannot see. 

Rather, what I think is that I must have been over-zealous in touting Character building and unconditional love that this situation bestowed upon me, otherwise how else could a self-proclaimed Gung Ho person be laden with three special needs persons. This is a preacher's litmus test in action because you know; how else can you demonstrate it if you've not been through it. 


 Kiki's aptly depiction of Charmaine.




No comments:

Post a Comment