Monday, July 20, 2015

Saturday



 So this week......... only one boy was found to be satisfactory with Hunters' Chorus. 
The rest of us............... have to work harder and smarter.
I was quite shocked to see one fellow mommy.... suddenly rolled up the mat (foot map), stuff it into her bag, packed the violin and said - "I am sorry, I cannot handle this." then she left the class with her boy. (!!!) I hope I've heard wrongly and I hope I've misinterpreted this. She might have asked to leave early for an appointment. I hope she'll come back..... I know it is hard to take open criticism......but hang in there!

Accent, accent, accent! I didn't know how to do it......
Accent on a note means extra emphasis being placed on the note by playing it forcefully. 
I just looked up the meaning..

vibrato

Learning the "Vibrato" technique. This one..... I sweat ar. Really. From the look of it, I feel intimidated already. It's the quivering motions of the fingers while placed on strings, to give a vibrating accent to the notes. Like emo notes. haha.
Teacher says go get a box of tic tacs, hold like your fingers are on the string, and just shake it by moving your wrist. Why tic tacs? It works like a shaker for sound effects. I'm left with a few mini boxes of tic tacs, so we would practise this, soon!

Soya Burger 
Multiple times we had no buses home from Orchard Road due to road closure and diversions as the National Day Parade rehearsals thickens. Normally if it was a Orchard Road closure, we would go City Hall to get our buses. But this time, the Suntec area is also closed. 
So..... we go to the outskirts to get a bus home.
Last week we went to Paya Lebar Square. 
After scouting for salads, we settled on a vegetarian eatery- Green Dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment