Monday, July 13, 2015

I see Beauty on the Floor



 I was going to my acupuncture and cupping session on Sunday morning when I observed that the shadows cast from the gates I pass are kind of nice. I've always found reflections and shadows more interesting than the object itself as shadows, imperfect reflections leave you some room for interpretation. So, I wrote a poem that goes:-

I see beauty on the floor

I see beauty in everyday things;
look no further, shadows giving hints. 
I see passerby trotting down the street, 
missing intricate designs under their feet. 
Hey, wait up! Don't walk too fast, 
look at what the gates have cast. 
Check it out, look on the floor, 
patterns next door, look! There's more. 
I see beauty on the floor. 










Now that my tummy fat is loose, the cupping did not hurt as much as the first two times. 
Also, the dark, violet marks have lightened and I experience less "bloated" feelings at the stomach these days. I guess maintaining good health is a lifelong project.

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem. What talent you've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have poems in my head all the time but I always think they're too simple. Ok, next time I'll write them down =)

      Delete