Thursday, July 23, 2015

Budget Mama


So, 2.5 weeks into self-restraint of credit card, I had used my card not for myself but for my aunt and my colleague who.............asked me to help them get the SG50 Hello Kitty plush toys. The cats are on pre-order and being snapped up like hot cakes. Oh sorry, I forgot Sanrio says that Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is a "Girl character", she has a sister and she has a pet cat. Her pet is a cat, not her. For those who insisted that Hello Kitty is a cat, Sanrio asks-- Have you seen her on all fours? -_-" LOL.

Being a more conscious consumer, I became alarmed that I had overshot my data plan. Hey, this is the first time it happened. Has it got to do with my new phone? Okay...... now that I am more alert, I've switched off all notifications on low priority Apps. Plus, my mobile data is set on off mode until such time when I want to browse FB. My home has wifi, my office has wifi (but banned FB), and my data plan is only at 2GB! That sucks.

That night as I was channel surfing, I came across a programme on TLC called - Extreme Cheapskate.  It is awful! I mean being a conscious consumer or frugal consumer, does not mean you need to be cheapskate. I think the programme's aim was to show us some tips or tricks to save money, for entertainment's sake, they also showed us the extreme measures some people take to avoid spending money. I don't judge that that lady washes her family's clothes in her own swimming pool since she says that the chemicals in the pool is the same as the detergents etc. etc. but I think it's an overboard when she goes to a store that sells gym equipments to.... use the stationary bike regularly without the intention to buy nor pay for using it. Eew. Well..... I guess cheapskate people may be anywhere and that's none of my business. So anyway, just focus on being a conscious consumer will do.






No comments:

Post a Comment