Wednesday, April 15, 2015

HK 2015 - Day 5 (Home)



 I am rather unadventurous when it comes to food. Same old bun and fresh milk will do. 

 To make our way to the airport, we went back to the same bus stop we arrived at.

There was a 7-eleven store just next to the bus stop, Kiki overheard and recounted to me about a little boy (about age 4) asking his Mom to buy the Sofia activity book (Disney series), 
but the boy's mother said no, must get brainy books. 

I was amused, I asked - How did you know? You mean you understood Cantonese? 
(Me and my Silly Brain!) 
Kiki: No, Mama, the mother spoke Chinese, 讲华语.
 The Mom said - 不行, 不行买SOFIA, 你要买 "头脑书本"! 这个没用. 
(Loosely translated- No way, you can't have this Sofia book, you've gotta get "Intelligent" books)

-_-"  there are many mainland Chinese there, ya, I forgot. 




 I appreciate the time we have together (although half the time my monkey mind kept worrying about Colin, I had to snub my crazy, anxious thoughts. I am not Ally McBeal!), I appreciate the chance to disarm my phone's alarm clock, turning in late, sleeping in late (although not really that late), steaming up the bathroom, having our violin & piano music playing at the background while she does her art n' craft thingy, surfing the cable for a nice movie (unfounded), eating cup noodles with a teaspoon, having her sing me a self-composed song (It goes something like - I will love you forever, more than anybody else, until you are old, forever.), although I will not hold her to it, it is a sweet gesture she did and I will keep that in my memory. 

Bren greeted us at the airport. 

When I got home, unpacked and distributed my stuff, for a second I looked around the kitchen and couldn't feel myself. I felt like I was in a vacuum and the space looked foreign. I always get that feeling after a break from my routine life. And that's okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment