Tuesday, April 14, 2015

HK 2015- Day 4 (The Peak)



 Peanut Butter Toast 

 Spent hours in the showers, didn't save the earth. 

 One of those things 


 Took the train to Admiralty and changed to bus number 12 (or 15) to the Tram Station. 

 I thought that a Monday would mean thinner crowd, I was mistaken. 
Got the Combo tickets (Tram & Wax Museum) in order to join a shorter queue. 

 On the tram, going up the hill.
 
 City Scenery


 Explaining the scale of the backdrop




 Cheers!
 It started subtly, I didn't know she was mimicking the figures. 

When I discovered what she was up to, we kept giggling at every pose.
She's fun. 



















 Initially, I was quite certain I would be able to locate this porridge shop at Mongkok because I think we had visited it 3 times last year. But I was mistaken. I couldn't remember which exit we took from the station and there were like 5 exits. So I randomly made an exit. Can't be that far apart right?  Wrong. 
So anyway, we walked and walked until I gave up. I said - Sorry baby, Mama can't find that shop. Even if I had the address with me, I wouldn't be able to find. Then suddenly, I saw a stretch of shops selling Tiles, Bathroom fixtures, Lighting fixtures, and I remember that this is the stretch! So I say to the Universe- Well, we've come so far to this place, hope we can find it. The next thing I know, we're at the door step. Yeah! Very nice porridge and You Tiao. 油条

We didn't eat any of those roasted goose or duck which HK is famous for. Nor its famous desserts. 
Maybe next time.


 Saying Grace


 3 days of walking, indescribable pain at the leg calves and soles. 


 We ordered room service because we were too tired (legs painful) and I had to pack our luggage and prepare to go home. 

Watched Shrek in Cantonese.

No comments:

Post a Comment