Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus ( G.F. Handel)



 One daddy in class was so confused, halfway through lesson, he excused himself and went up to teacher S to inquire if he had missed anything or any of her "homework". This is because several (in fact all other kid except his and mine) were belting out the new song in book 2, which he doesn't remember teacher teaching in class at all. Unlike us, he hadn't missed any lesson and felt stunned. In his words, he said he thought he had stepped into a time warp and missed time. which he knows he didn't because he didn't miss any class.  Welcome to real time, fellow daddy! Ha ha ha. After 2 years, didn't you realize this class is an Express class? Teacher S joking told him that we were at the end of book 2.

I have very thick skin. I brace myself for any criticism and try to improve. Sometimes daunting but that makes an occasional praise rewarding. So I try to focus on improving. 

Of course there are criticism that are hard to digest but I guess 良药苦口, so just dust off and try again.  
 

 I was browsing an Art book when I came across an instrument - Lira da braccio, that resembles the violin. (this painting was made in 1505)


2 comments:

  1. Express meh? Hahahah. I know "express" when I see kids skipping an entire book!

    The Chorus is quite nice. :D

    ReplyDelete